EMBRACE DIFFERENCE. SEEK JUSTICE.
BE THE CHANGE.
MEETING PROFESSIONAL AND EDUCATIONAL OPPORTUNITIES
Welcome to the College of Social Work at The Ohio State University! We recognize our responsibility to our students is to provide the very best professional education possible, and we are committed to doing so. The Ohio State University offers one of the finest social work programs in the nation – making it a perfect match between your professional goals and educational opportunities.
When you become a student in the College of Social Work, you join a community of people committed to making a difference in local and international communities. There are over 11,500 alumni from the College of Social Work who are using their expertise to make the world a better place.
Our three degree programs help students acquire the knowledge, skills, and values that define professional social work. Our flexible and student-friendly curriculum allows students to prepare for careers in a variety of social service settings. We also offer elective opportunities for students interested in topics such as international social work, school social work, child welfare practice, or substance misuse.
“The College of Social Work has helped me find my place at Ohio State. Small classes involving group work and collaborations with students and instructors have given me many lasting peer relationships and a sense of achievement. “
Williamsport, OH, Class of 2010
What’s unique about Ohio State’s College of Social Work? We offer:
- The oldest continuously accredited public social work program in the country.
- A student/faculty ratio of 1:10–guaranteeing personalized attention!
- A year-long internship that provides hands-on experience in your area of interest and a competitive edge in the job market.
- Social work electives that let you customize your education to focus on professional goals.
- An Honors Program that provides the opportunity to engage in 1:1 research with faculty.
- Study abroad programs where you’ll meet people facing social challenges and enhance your global perspective of the field.
- Buckeye tradition and spirit that is O-H-I-O!