Research at the College of Social Work
The profession of social work is committed to fostering a better world through the application of science in ways that are innovative, significant, fair, and effective. Social work research addresses real-world problems with the goal of promoting health and wellness, broadly defined, for all members of society.
As one of the oldest academic social work programs in the U.S. housed in a top public research university, the college has developed a long-standing and deeply ingrained culture of applied research and scholarship that permeates all aspects of our programs, informs our community service and engagement, and contributes to the greater good of the profession, society, and the world.
COLLEGE OF SOCIAL WORK RESEARCH OFFICE
The College of Social Work’s Research Office is here to encourage, facilitate, and support the research enterprise of the college. Under the direction of the associate dean for research and faculty development, the Research Office offers a full range of services to support the college’s research activities and acts as a liaison between CSW faculty and the OSU Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP).
- advising faculty on funding opportunities, strategy, design, fit within research agenda, and workload
- assisting investigators with the development and submission of proposal applications, including proposal budgets
- facilitating and negotiating subcontracts, purchase orders, and consultant agreements
- ensuring compliance with University and sponsor policies
- providing copyediting services and external reviews