This webpage will serve as a resource for the College of Social Work as we respond to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please check this page for important updates and links to resources.
We encourage everyone to follow the CDC guidelines and to reference the Safe and Healthy Buckeyes, Wexner Medical Center, the City of Columbus and the Ohio Department of Health websites for the most up-to-date guidelines for the Ohio State community.
Question and Answer Sessions
Times listed are Eastern Standard Time (EST)
Wednesdays from 11–11:30 a.m.
Virtual advising hours Mondays 6–7 p.m., Thursdays 11 a.m.–Noon
Please contact Mo Yee Lee for updates.
- Field Education Student Resource Center
- Field Education 2020-21: A Note from the Director of Field Education at Ohio State:
- Field Education Placement Support for Agencies
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact Katie Klakos at email@example.com. Requests made by 7–10 days prior to the supervision session will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.
- Field Education Virtual Activity List
- University at Buffalo School of Social Work Virtual Field Assignments
- CSW List of Online Trainings Available to Students
- Virtual Field Education Supervision Opportunities
- Plan for Field Hours Example
- Virtual Activity Log Example
- The Field Office can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Help Desk Information
The Keep Teaching help desk is open from 8am to 8pm Monday-Friday through 614-688-HELP or email@example.com.
Staff from the University Institute for Teaching and Learning are also available to provide support and consultation, particularly on identifying and implementing appropriate assessment tools for courses taught at distance.
The Career Services Office is available for online appointments, including resume and cover letter reviews, job search, negotiating salary, career planning and more. To schedule an online appointment click here.
Active SWT Extension:
The Ohio Counselor, Social Worker, and Marriage and Family Therapist Board in response to the global pandemic and expected delays in tests and licenses, is extending the expiration date for active SWTs. The extension is to give SWTs time to complete the licensure process during the period of anticipated postponements. This update would extend the expiration date to 12/1/2020 for active SWTs. Within the next couple of weeks the board will automatically update the expiration date and it is recommended that SWTs check their registration toward the end of April to make sure that their date has been updated on the elicense system at https://elicense.ohio.gov/oh_verifylicense. In regards to employment, it is the decision of the employer if they want to hire the candidate who holds the SWT. Employers can find more information on the scope of practice and the supervision requirements for active SWTs at https://cswmft.ohio.gov/Social-Workers/Social-Work-Trainee. Lastly, this extension only applies to current SWTs and any new registrations must follow the normal application process which includes proof of enrollment that shows a field practicum for summer 2020.
For more information, please visit https://cswmft.ohio.gov/Home/COVID-19.
Licensure Exam Update
PearsonVue will be open for exam scheduling starting on May 1st. We will work closely with our partners ASWB and NBCC to ensure applicants have what they need (e.g. extended letters of eligibility) to complete the exam process. More information about the testing center re-opening can be found at https://home.pearsonvue.com/coronavirus-update.
Faculty and Staff
- Keep Teaching: Remote Teaching Resources
- College of Social Work Guide to Rapidly Shifting to Online Instruction
- Educational Technology Faculty Support Request
- Keep Working: Temporary Remote Working Resources for Staff
- Guidance for researchers
- Human Resources information and guidance
- Resources for faculty and staff through the Health and Wellness page and Your Plan For Health.
- Ohio State COVID-19 financial assistance for students
- Coronavirus and Unemployment Insurance Benefits
- Resources for Parents Working from Home
- Student Life Counseling and Consultation Service
- Buckeye Peer Access Line
- CDC guidance on mental health and coping during COVID-19
- Be Well: Technology-based Resources to Help With Your Well-Being
- Stress Busters video