- $5,000 employment incentive for those who complete the program and successfully gain employment in Ohio public child welfare
- Specialized coursework and training in child welfare
- “Fast-tracking” to full-time employment in child welfare upon graduation
- Individualized attention and mentoring by UPP coordinator and field instructors
- Early exposure to and networking in the field of child welfare
You can participate if you are a BSSW, MSW-ASAP, MSW I or MSW II student. The UPP will allow you to specialize in public child welfare in your elective coursework and field practicum during the year prior to graduation. You will receive an employment incentive of $5,000 after earning a social work degree, committing to work for at least one year in an Ohio public children service agency, and obtaining employment at a public children services agency in Ohio.
In addition to being motivated and enthusiastic to serve vulnerable families from diverse backgrounds, you will need:
- Two child welfare courses: SWK 5007: Child Welfare I and SWK 5008: Child Welfare II
- Bi-weekly child welfare field placement seminars for BSSW students (SWK 4188). Note: MSW students attend the seminar but do not register.
- Field placement in a public children service agency in Ohio (BSSW/SWK 4189, MSW I/SWK 6189, or MSW II and MSW-ASAP/SWK 7189)