University Partnership Title IV-E Child Welfare Training
UNIVERSITY PARTNERSHIP TITLE IV-E CHILD WELFARE TRAINING PROGRAM
- The program was piloted in 2002 as part of the Child Welfare Workforce Professional Education Program.
- 21 students are chosen from BSSW seniors, ASAPs and MSWIIs to be part of the UPP program.
- Students specialize in public child welfare in their elective course work and field placement during the year prior to graduation.
- The training includes: two child welfare courses, a field seminar in public child welfare, training sessions through the Ohio Child Welfare Training Center and a field practicum in an Ohio public children’s services agency.
- After earning a social work degree, a commitment to work for at least one year in an Ohio public children service agency and successful hiring at an Ohio public children services agency, UPP graduates will receive an employment incentive of $5000.
- Please note that current employees (caseworkers, supervisor, and administrators) of an Ohio public children services agency are not eligible.
For more information and application materials:
For further information, please contact Ashlee Pfile, MSW, MS, LSW, University Partnership Program (UPP) Manager at 614-247-5713 or firstname.lastname@example.org.