Field Database and Field Forms
TO HELP GUIDE STUDENTS THROUGH THE FIELD PLACEMENT EXPERIENCE
The field manual is the the best resource for any questions you may have or information you are looking for. It is a large document that contains all of our policies and procedures that are explained in detail. We encourage everyone associated with our field education program to go over this document. You can access this here.
The field database is used by students, field education staff, and field agency personnel. It provides access to all approved field placement agencies and student field forms. Students are able to review each agency’s profile to better learn about the unique opportunities available at the various agencies.
Please note that we are currently transitioning between two databases: IPT and Sonia. MSWIs beginning field in 2020’s Spring semester will be in Sonia. As of August 2019, everyone else will be accessing IPT. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re unsure which database you should be accessing.
If you are currently in Sonia, here are some tip sheets that you can access to help you navigate the new database:
- Logging Field Hours in Sonia
- Completing Your Field Application in Sonia
- Completing Your Supervision Logs in Sonia
- Completing Your Learning Agreement in Sonia
All persons accessing the database must use their unique username and password. If you’ve lost or forgotten your database credentials, please email email@example.com. Click here to access the database.
These forms are important for students to become familiar with. Some of these will be assigned to the “forms” portion of your account in the field database. Please see below:
- Field Code of Conduct
- Field Practicum Questionnaire – Students need to complete their appropriate version of this form, as it will assist the Field Education staff in facilitating a placement. It should be completed in its entirety and by the deadline.
- Learning Agreement/Evaluation – Once you and your field instructor complete this form, it will guide your field experience. It is a living document and is meant to be referred to often and “tweaked” along the way. You must complete all assigned required activities and add activities specific to the placement agency. This document serves two purposes:
- As a learning agreement, which should be thought of as the blueprint of what you’ll be doing in field. You will determine, along with your field instructor, the learning activities that you will add to the required ones that are already listed and write in the target dates for each of them.
- The sample learning activities provided can help provide you generate ideas for additional activities appropriate to your agency.
- As an evaluation of your performance by the field instructor at the end of each semester you are in field. Your field instructor will complete this by adding a rating for each learning activity in the “evaluation of practice behavior” column and for each competency overall in the bottom right corner.
- Ethical Decision Making Model- Competency Two of the Learning Agreement/Evaluation requires students to use the Reamer Model or a model used at their agency.
- Problem-Solving Phases in Field Education
- Supervision Log –Students complete this form each week and it is signed by the student and field instructor at the end of the semester. Students should have a minimum of one hour of weekly supervision with the field instructor. You must check off the competencies discussed with your supervisor and then provide a narrative summarizing the conversation. You must discuss all competencies each semester in field.
- Time Sheet –This form is to be completed by the student and signed by the field instructor. Accuracy is extremely important when filling this out. Put down the time you were in the field and try to fill it out each day to avoid any inaccuracies or guess work.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE REQUEST
If a leave of absence from the program is needed, a form must be submitted to the appropriate offices. This covers leaves of up to twelve months. If necessary, you can access that form here.
The following videos give step-by-step instructions for using IPT and working with various forms. Please view at full-screen size for best picture quality.
FIELD AGENCY SERIES
Access the Field Database:
Use Organization ID: osusw
Students, Field Instructors and Education Coordinators login here.