UPCOMING CAREER WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS
- Macro Social Work Panel, Monday, February 18, 2019 6-7:30pm, Room 115 Stillman Hall. Student and alumni registration is on Handshake.
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital On-Campus Interviews, March 5 and 6, 2019. More information to come.
- Resume Reviews and Mock Interviews with Nationwide Children’s Hospital Recruiters, Tuesday, March 19, 2019, 9am-5pm. Room 400 Stillman Hall. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment time.
- Alumni and Student Networking Event, Wednesday, March 27, 4-7pm, Woody’s, Ohio Union. Student and alumni registration is on Handshake.
- College of Social Work Job Fair, Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 10am-2pm, Ohio Union Great Hall Meeting Room. Employer Registration. Student and alumni registration is on Handshake.
Job Search Tool
Finding a job that can become a career is the ultimate goal of your studies at the OSU College of Social Work, and we want to do everything we can to present and facilitate new opportunities for our social work graduates. Ohio State utilizes Handshake, which is a platform for employers to post jobs and students and graduates to search for jobs.
Guides and Tips
Resume and Cover Letter Examples
Ohio Social Work Licensure
OnPACE is a University system that provides a series of self-guided career modules that can assist you in learning more about yourself and choosing a major(s)/careers, applying to grad school, and preparing to enter the workforce.
Practice Areas in Social Work
Youth & Families
Ohio and National Employment Resources
Contact Career Services:
“The Career Services office for the College of Social Work at The Ohio State University was very attentive to every detail in the planning and execution of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital interview event. They did a stellar job publicizing the interview event. Many of the candidates interviewed were actually hired. The education and training these candidates received at The Ohio State University has prepared each of them to be an asset to our organization.”
~ Melanie Cage Cates, Sourcing Recruiter – Human Resources, Nationwide Children’s