UPCOMING CAREER WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS
- Taking the Anxiety Out of Interviewing, Tuesday, September 25, 2018, 3-4pm, Stillman Hall 115. RSVP HERE
- Learning Journey to Directions for Youth and Families, Wednesday, October 10, 2018, 1-3pm. RSVP HERE
- Learning Journey to Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Friday, October 19, 2018, 8am-1pm. RSVP HERE
- Army Medical Lunch & Learn, Tuesday, October 30, 2018, 12-1pm, Stillman Hall 115 RSVP HERE
- College of Social Work Career and Field Exploration Fair, Wednesday, October 31, 2018, 10am-2pm, Ohio Union, Great Hall Meeting Room. Please contact the Field Education Office for more information.
- Student and Alumni Networking Event, Wednesday, November 14, 2018, 4-7pm, Woody’s, Ohio Union. RSVP HERE
College of Social Work Job Fair, Wednesday, April 3, 2019, 10am-2pm, Ohio Union Great Hall Meeting Room. Employer Registration will open February 2019. NO RSVP necessary for students.
Job Search Tool
Finding a job that can become a career is the ultimate goal of your studies at the OSU College of Social Work, and we want to do everything we can to present and facilitate new opportunities for our social work graduates. Ohio State utilizes Handshake, which is a platform for employers to post jobs and students and graduates to search for jobs.
Guides and Tips
Resume and Cover Letter Examples
Ohio Social Work Licensure
OnPACE is a University system that provides a series of self-guided career modules that can assist you in learning more about yourself and choosing a major(s)/careers, applying to grad school, and preparing to enter the workforce.
Practice Areas in Social Work
Youth & Families
Ohio and National Employment Resources
Contact Career Services:
“The Career Services office for the College of Social Work at The Ohio State University was very attentive to every detail in the planning and execution of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital interview event. They did a stellar job publicizing the interview event. Many of the candidates interviewed were actually hired. The education and training these candidates received at The Ohio State University has prepared each of them to be an asset to our organization.”
~ Melanie Cage Cates, Sourcing Recruiter – Human Resources, Nationwide Children’s