As a social work student we know you want to maximize your time and experience in the College of Social Work at The Ohio State University. We have included many resources and answers to questions you may not have known to ask. We look forward to working with you as you work toward earning your Bachelor of Science in Social Work Degree.
SOCIAL WORK SCHOLARSHIPS
We are proud to have many high achieving students in the College of Social Work, and we intend to award as many scholarships as possible. Our scholarships are competitive, varied, and awarded based on academic achievement, financial need, and/or one’s professional area of interest in social work. Scholarships are awarded to enrolled students at the end of spring semester for the following academic year; the average award amount is typically $2,500 to $3,000.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for a Social Work scholarship for the 2018-2019 academic year, you must complete the online scholarship application by March 1, 2018. You will be required to submit the following documents:
- A brief professional goals essay
- An advising report or transcript
- A one-page résumé
- The name and contact information of two academic or professional references
If you are interested in being considered for a need-based scholarship, you must also complete the FAFSA by February 1, 2018.
The College of Social Work has a new curriculum for Autumn 2018! The new curriculum is required for all students starting at Ohio State this Autumn Semester. However, students who started at Ohio State prior to Autumn 2018 can petition to be on this new curriculum plan. If you intend to follow the Autumn 2018 curriculum plan, please declare this with your advisor.
- 4 Year Curriculum Sheet (Summer 2018 and prior) (Autumn 2018 and beyond)
- Block Placement Curriculum Sheet (Summer 2018 and prior) (Autumn 2018 and beyond)
- Career Acceleration Plan Curriculum Sheet (Summer 2018 and prior) (Autumn 2018 and beyond)
- Global Options in Social Work (GO Social Work)
- Honors Curriculum Sheet (Summer 2018 and prior) (Autumn 2018 and beyond)
- Social Work Major Course Description (Summer 2018 and prior) (Autumn 2018 and beyond)
- Social Work Electives
- Specialized Minor Options: Substance Misuse and Addiction, Child Abuse and Neglect and many more.
- General Education Courses