Learn More About Social Work
Social work is a profession that changes lives
Social work is for compassionate people wanting to help others who are struggling. Every day, social workers help thousands of people learn new ways to overcome some of life’s most challenging obstacles. Everyone’s life has been touched by a social worker in one way or another. And that’s exactly what social work is all about—helping others and making a difference in people’s lives. If you want a career that’s diverse, meaningful, and rewarding, social work is for you.
Social work provides a great variety of career paths in areas such as mental health and addiction, child welfare, healthcare, aging, school social work, housing and homelessness, criminal justice, military social work, human trafficking, and community organization.
Social workers are educators, advocates, care coordinators, therapists, community organizers, administrators, mediators, politicians, and researchers.
Everywhere there are people in need – there are social workers!
- Correctional facilities
- Mental health and substance use centers
- Foster care and adoption agencies
- International aid organizations
- Veterans Affairs Centers and military bases
- Private practice
- Community centers
- Child welfare agencies
- Nursing homes and adult day centers
- And many more
We will prepare you for whatever social work path you choose to take!
Learn more about our Master of Social Work Program Goals:
- Our graduates are ready to engage in advanced social work practice by demonstrating ethical and professional behavior with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Our graduates are equipped for integrative practice approaches utilizing tools that affect systems from the individual to the systems level.
- Our graduates are able to engage, assess, intervene and evaluate on all systems of social work practice dealing with increasingly complex social problems.
- Our graduates are trained to embrace the strength of diversity, practice cultural humility and adhere to professional ethics as practitioners and lifelong learners.
- Our graduates are competent in promoting practice informed research and research informed practice.
- Our graduates are change agents who advocate for social, economic, environmental justice at local, national and global levels.