Degrees & Programs


Program Options


Ohio State’s MSW Program offers multiple program options for students seeking a graduate degree in the College of Social Work. The two-year MSW program is completed in four semesters full-time, but the MSW degree can also be earned on a part-time basis over either a three or four-year period.

We also offer an Advanced Standing Alternative Program (ASAP) is for students who have earned a Bachelor of Social Work within the last five years. You can complete our ASAP degree in one year full-time or two years part-time. The ASAP program is designed for students who are interested in a Mental Health and Substance Abuse or Child and Youth Services specializations, both of which will allow you to work in a variety of fields.

Both our traditional MSW and Advanced Standing Alternative Program (ASAP) are now available online! Our unique approach to online learning includes the same curriculum, with the same rigor, but with the convenience, flexibility and affordability you’re looking for.

Curriculum Options

Dual Degree Fact Sheet
Regional Campus Fact Sheet
School Social Work Program
Interdisciplinary Specialization in Aging


The Interdisciplinary Specialization in Aging offers students an opportunity to gain specific expertise in the care of older adults through both required and elective coursework. The core curriculum focuses on the basic components of gerontology shared by many disciplines.

To learn more about the Interdisciplinary Specialization in Aging, contact Dr. Holly Dabelko-Schoeny ( 614-292-4378.



UPP prepares graduates for careers in public child welfare agencies in Ohio. This program includes coursework specifically related the child welfare practice and requires that students complete a practicum in a public child welfare agency. Students who are accepted into the program and successfully complete all requirements may be eligible for a $5,000 stipend.

To learn more about the University Partnership Title IV-E Child Welfare Training Program, contact UPP Coordinator Linda Helm ( 614-688-3290.

State Authorization Disclosure

Because you are considering an online academic program that leads to a professional license, it is highly recommended you contact the appropriate licensing agency where you plan to receive instruction before beginning your academic program. SARA (State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement) does not provide reciprocity for state professional licensing requirements. Academic programs and individual graduates must meet standards set by that state’s licensure requirements in order for a graduate to be eligible for a license.

To learn more about State Authorization, eligibility and accreditation please visit Any questions can be addressed to the State Authorization team by emailing