PURSUING YOUR MASTER’S IN SOCIAL WORK
Ranked 7th among public universities by U.S. News & World Report, the MSW Program at The Ohio State University is designed to prepare future social work leaders to address regional, national, and global social issues. The curriculum ensures that graduates have the competencies and skills needed to successfully practice in a variety of fields such as health, aging, mental health, substance abuse, and child and youth services, with the ability to intervene through direct services, administrative practice, community change, or policy reform.
Interested in learning more? Click here to sign up for an information session.
I have an overwhelming amount of gratitude for this period of my life. The OSU MSW program has been such a gift. It’s challenged me to face all the dark corners of my life, restored my faith in humanity, forgiven me, allowed me the opportunity to grow and meet some absolutely amazing, inspiring and seriously insightful humans and taught me to appreciate all the beautiful people and experiences I’ve been gifted in this life.
Allison Rutowski, MSW 2018
Ohio State is located near downtown Columbus, the nation’s 14th-largest city! Whatever your lifestyle – a warm and welcoming academic community, a picturesque campus or vibrant city – it’s all within reach. Columbus is one of the fastest growing cities in the United States, one of the many reasons why Forbes names us one of America’s “Cities of the Future”. Experience Columbus today!
Master of Social Work Program Mission
The Ohio State University Master of Social Work program prepares professionals for advanced social work practice with diverse individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
Through a rigorous, quality education, our graduates are able to intervene effectively from the individual to the systems level. The program offers flexible curriculum options for working with diverse populations.
Our course work is evidence-informed, strengths-based, providing professional leadership to effect community and social change.
Master of Social Work Program Goals
- Our graduates are ready to engage in advanced social work practice by demonstrating ethical and professional behavior with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities.
- Our graduates are equipped for integrative practice approaches utilizing tools that affect systems from the individual to the systems level.
- Our graduates are able to engage, assess, intervene and evaluate on all systems of social work practice dealing with increasingly complex social problems.
- Our graduates are trained to embrace the strength of diversity, practice cultural humility and adhere to professional ethics as practitioners and lifelong learners.
- Our graduates are competent in promoting practice informed research and research informed practice.
- Our graduates are change agents who advocate for social, economic, environmental justice at local, national and global levels.
An MSW from Ohio State opens the door to many opportunities.
- 800 partnering agencies throughout Ohio offer field placements to help our students turn their advanced study into real-life experience.
- 60% of graduates who are employed at the time of graduation are hired by one of their field placement agencies.
For general information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Email will be answered within 24 hours Monday through Friday.
MSW Program Director
Lois Stepney, MSW, LISW-S – email@example.com
Are you a prospective student with questions about the MSW program?
Contact Bryanna Stigger, MS, MSW Outreach Programs Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you an applicant with questions about your MSW application or status?
Contact Cassie Zahller, MSW, Admissions Manager – email@example.com
Are you an admitted or current online student with registration and advising questions?
Contact Brittany Ward, MSW, LSW, Academic Counselor – firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you an admitted or current traditional (on-campus) student with registration and advising questions?
Contact Brenda Davidson, MSW, LISW-S, Program Office Manager, Academic Counselor – email@example.com