Advanced Certificate in Serving Veterans and Their Families
Advanced Certificate in Serving Veterans and Their Families (Online)
Date: September 8-December 21, 2018 (14 weeks)
Registration Deadline: September 2
With more than 22 million veterans in the United States, the need to understand the issues these Veterans and their families face is great. The Advanced Certificate in Serving Veterans and Their Families is a post-graduate, 14 week, online program for social workers, nurses, therapists and others interested in learning more about how to serve veterans and their families. Let us help you help them!
Our online certificate is available in all 50 states and is asynchronous, which means you can take online courses on your own schedule. While our program is asynchronous, three of our modules offer live sessions that provide opportunities to engage in real time with instructors and participants. If you are unable to participate in a live session, don’t worry, they are recorded and can be viewed when it fits your schedule. Course materials, lectures and learning activities are released early each Saturday and can be completed at any time during a one-week window.
- Gain understanding of military structure and culture, and explore the differences between military branches across eras.
- Examine the readjustment process for veterans and families, focusing on a person-in-the-environment perspective.
- Interpret physical strengths, deficits and chronic challenges for both short-term and long-term functioning during military service
- Evaluate common behavioral health issues facing veterans and their families; factors that enhance successful outcomes and wellness
- Understand the role of spirituality in veteran functioning and the concept of moral injury.
- Appraise veteran social functioning across social systems (i.e., home, friendship, work) appreciating interactive influences
- Identify and use resources for veterans and their families
Initial funds for this program were provided by Run Down The Demons, whose mission it is to address mental health issues related to veterans, active service members, and/or their family members by raising awareness and providing education and resources.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.