The Office of Continuing Education strives to provide programming opportunities that are both current and relevant to your professional practice. Programming tends to fill up quickly so to ensure your placement, submit a completed registration, including name, address, email address, and home or cell phone number. Your registration will be complete and confirmed once you receive a confirmation email stating that you are enrolled in the course. This email will provide a direct link to access the course.
- Once you register for the course, you will receive an email with the access link.
- Each participant must submit an individual registration to receive CEs. Please do not share your unique Zoom webinar links.
- CEs will only be awarded to attendees that participate in the full webinar(s) for which they are registered. Attendance will be automatically recorded by Zoom upon your arrival to and departure from the webinar. Partial credit will not be awarded, with no exceptions. Be sure to plan ahead so that you are logged into the webinar on time.
- Please allow yourself enough time to install Zoom on your desktop or phone in advance of the meeting start time: https://zoom.us/support/download.
- CEs will be reported to CE Broker within 30 days for those who provide their license numbers upon registration or when completing the post-course evaluation.
We realize that on occasion something unexpected may occur that would keep you from attending a training. Please review our cancellation policy below and contact our office with any questions or concerns.
- Cancellation requests must be received by email or by phone.
- For requests received by the CSW Office of Continuing Education 5 or more business days prior to training/event, 100 percent of your total payments will be refunded.
- Any cancellation prior to the scheduled training is eligible for a transfer to another date during the same calendar year.
- For no-calls/no-shows on the training date or any time after the training begins, no refunds or transfers will be provided.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or via telephone at 614-292-3032. Requests received at least 14-days in advance of the course start date will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the College of Social Work will make every effort to meet all accommodation requests that we receive.
To receive CE credit, must score at a minimum 75%. If participants are not initially successful, they may have two additional attempts to receive credit.
The Ohio State University College of Social Work, (Provider: RCST111747), is an approved* provider for The State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist (CSWMFT) Board. *All courses hosted by CSWCE are approved for this Board unless the course description states otherwise.
The Ohio State University College of Social Work, (Provider: 50-24068), is an approved* provider for The Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals (OCDP) Board. *Courses that have been approved for this Board will note the appropriate content areas in the course description.
The Ohio State University College of Social Work, (Provider: 1628), is approved* to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. ACE provider approval period: 4/30/22-4/30/25.
*Courses that have been approved for this Board will have the above statement listed in the course description.
The Office of Continuing Education is proud to work collaboratively within the University and with social service networks across the state to provide quality, evidence-based, professional development opportunities for Ohio’s human service professionals. If you have strong expertise in emerging issues and are skilled in areas that would benefit Social Workers, Counselors, and Marriage and Family Therapists, we would like to hear from you! Please submit a presenter application to get started.
CSW is now a provide for the Ohio Chemical Dependency Professional Board
We would also like to hear from individuals who are interested in providing quality, evidence-based trainings for Prevention and Treatment Professionals! Please submit a presenter application to get started.
If you are planning a conference or training program for professionals in the human services field, please let us know how we might be of help by submitting a co-sponsorship application.
We are committed to providing an optimal learning experience for both our attendees as well as our presenters. However, we do recognize there may be instances that require us to review circumstances that have caused concern for either a participant, an instructor, or both. Below outlines our process for addressing those concerns. Any questions or concerns regarding this process should be directed to the Director of Continuing Education.
Complaints or grievances must be submitted in writing either by email or standard mail to the corresponding address below:
Contact Page [link]
Office of Continuing Education
1947 College Rd. Room 302
Columbus OH 43210
Complaints will be reviewed by the Director of Continuing Education and the Social Work Consultant. Written responses will be sent within 30 days of receipt of the complaint
Individuals issuing the complaint or grievance may request a hearing with the Director of Continuing Education and the Social Work Consultant as well as other recognized professional subject experts when appropriate. This will occur in the event the complainant disagrees with the written response.
Subscribe to our mailing list to receive announcements for upcoming trainings, our newsletter, and periodic special events.