Building Addiction Knowledge for Frontline Workers Certificate (Online/Self-Paced)
Date: Asynchronous (9-weeks)
Continuing Education Credits: 27.25 Clock Hours including 3-hours of Ethics and 3-hours of Supervision
Cost: $545.00 for full Certificate Program ($20 per credit hour for each individual module)
Registration Deadline: Rolling
Target Audience: Social Workers, Counselors, Health Care Workers, Professionals working in the area of addiction treatment and prevention.
Content Level: Intermediate
Knowledge is power and power initiates action. This online, self-paced, addiction-focused program is easily accessed, evidence-based, and delivered in small easy-to-complete modules. The goal of this course is to assure that those serving on the front lines will have the most up-to-date information necessary to provide quality care for those struggling with addiction.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of addiction, which begins with exploring the diagnosis of substance use disorders and reviewing the criteria of multidimensional assessment to further awareness of the levels of care offered in treatment services.
- Examine the role of brain science and substance use disorders, as well as the cycle of addiction. This will provide a foundation for bridging biopsychosocial aspects together to see the full picture of addiction and how neurobiology impacts varying co-occurring conditions.
- Identify the core features of treatment and review the five common group typologies seen in addiction treatment, the group process, skills for facilitating group counseling, and gender-specific groups.
- Discover how recovery evolves over time, what supports life in recovery or a recovery ecosystem.
- Explore the impact of addiction on the family and how relationships are affected.
- Improve knowledge of ethical principles and key ethical issues that often arise in substance use disorder treatment.
- Extend knowledge regarding the benefit of quality, ongoing supervision, as a cornerstone of staff development, accountability, and program management.
We strive to host inclusive, accessible events that enable all individuals, including individuals with disabilities, to engage fully. If you require an accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact us at email@example.com (preferred) or via telephone at 614-292-3032. Requests received at least 14-days in advance of the course start date will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the College of Social Work will make every effort to meet all accommodation requests that we receive.
Information regarding grievances are available for review here: csw.osu.edu/continuing-education/ce-policies/.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Provider number: PENDING, is approved to offer social work continuing education by the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB) Approved Continuing Education (ACE) program. Organizations, not individual courses, are approved as ACE providers. State and provincial regulatory boards have the final authority to determine whether an individual course may be accepted for continuing education credit. The Ohio State University, College of Social Work maintains responsibility for this course. ACE provider approval period: [PENDING]. Social workers completing this course receive up to 27.25 continuing education credits, which includes 3-hours of Ethics and 3-hours of Supervision.
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work is an approved provider for the State of Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and Marriage and Family Therapist (CSWMFT) Board. Provider Number: RCST111747
The Ohio State University College of Social Work is an approved provider for The Ohio Chemical Dependency Professionals Board. Provider Number: 50-24068. This course content is approved for Treatment (C1-C9, S1, S2) and Prevention (P1-P7, PS1).