STAY INVOLVED. GET ENGAGED.
Are you looking for opportunities to network and stay engaged with the College of Social Work? The College of Social Work Alumni Society welcomes you to join our Stillman Elite membership.
The Social Work Alumni Society has existed since 1972 and is a charter Society of The Ohio State University Alumni Association. The Society plays an important role in promoting and supporting the goals and mission of both The Ohio State University and the College of Social Work. Check out our membership levels and benefits below.
(automatic upon graduation)
Gives you access to:
- College newsletters and communications
- Volunteer opportunities
- Invitations to general alumni events (i.e., Alumni Hall of Fame Awards Dinner, advocacy events, social hours)
- The Career Network to view job openings
Available to anyone who fulfills one of the following:
1) Made a monetary donation of a minimum of $25 to the college during the past year.
2) Was a Field Instructor for a CSW student during the past year.
3) Was an Alumni Society or OSU Alumni Association board member during the past year.
Gives you access to everything in a Stillman Membership, plus:
- Two complimentary select alumni continuing education trainings
- The Buckeye Careers Network (view job postings, apply to positions, post resume, etc.)
- Invitation to special alumni events (e.g., networking socials, invitation-only events)
You will be redirected to a giving page. A $25 donation to any CSW fund will get you a Stillman Elite membership. A confirmation membership email will be sent to you within a week of your donation.
WANT EVEN MORE BENEFITS?
OSU ALUMNI ASSOCIATION/STILLMAN ELITE MEMBERSHIP
For an annual gift of at least $75 (with at least $25 going to a CSW fund) you’ll become a Combo Member and get all of the benefits of a Stillman Elite Member, as well as become a sustaining member of the OSU Alumni Association (OSU graduates only).
Gives you access to:
- Discounts and money-saving offers to select vendors
- Alumni Association engagement opportunities (i.e., award-winning publications, access to over 200 OSU societies and clubs, travel opportunities, the Association’s online member directory, etc.)
- The ability to reconnect to the Columbus campus with football ticket information, access to campus facilities, golf at the renowned Scarlet course, and many other benefits.
You will be redirected to a giving page. A $75 donation with at least $25 going towards any CSW fund will get you a combo membership. A confirmation membership email will be sent to you within a week of your donation.
CLICK HERE For more information on OSU Alumni Association Membership.
BE THE CHANGE SOCIETY
With an annual cumulative gift of $1000 to the College of Social Work, you would make the educational lives of our students a bit easier, as well as helping to ease the burden of tuition for many of them. Your gift would ensure that our students continue to receive superior faculty instruction, and exposure to world class research.
Gives you access to:
- Special events that include student testimonials, faculty presentations, and activities on and off campus
- Exclusive campus tours
- The opportunity to purchase football tickets in conjunction with The Ohio State University Alumni Association
- Free admission to our annual Alumni Weekend Tailgate and Hall of Fame Luncheon
You will be redirected to a giving page. A cumulative $1000 donation to any CSW fund will be donor recognized in the OSU Alumni Association (only if you are an OSU graduate), and Stillman Elite memberships. A confirmation membership email will be sent to you within a week of your donation.
THE PRESIDENT’S CLUB
With an annual cumulative gift of $3000 (with at least $25 going to a College of Social Work fund), you will be donor recognized in the President’s Club, reaping the rewards of both the OSU Alumni Association (only if you are OSU grad), and the Stillman Elite, as well as enjoying the following benefits:
Gives you access to:
- Invitations to campus and regional President’s Club events
- A monthly e-mail newsletter with campus news and special features
- Opportunities for engagement with university leadershipUse of the university’s nationally recognized library system
- The opportunity to apply to purchase home season football tickets
- The opportunity to purchase on-campus parking
- Membership opportunities at the Faculty Club and the university’s recreational sports facilities, and the opportunity to play courses at the OSU Golf Club (fees apply)
You will be redirected to a giving page. A $3000 donation and at least $25 going to any CSW fund will be donor recognized in the President’s Club, OSU Alumni Association (only if you are an OSU graduate), and Stillman Elite memberships. A confirmation membership email will be sent to you within a week of your donation.
YOUR MEMBERSHIP DONATION
Now you can put your money where your passion is. Whatever membership level you choose, your donation will go toward the social work scholarship fund of your choice.
- To assist students in good academic standing, check out Alumni Fund #6000043
- To assist students in need, try Students First #312958
- To promote the welfare of animals, check out Hutchins Endowment Fund #643351;
- To advocate for domestic violence victims, look at the Brubaker Endowed Fund #640880
There’s a fund for you—and many more to choose from! Check out your options on our Giving Opportunities page. If you would like your membership donation to go toward another OSU endowment fund, please feel free to explore the many options listed.
ALUMNI SOCIETY BY-LAWS AND CONSTITUTION
Alumni Society Executive Committee
- President: Patricia Lyons, MSW ‘88
- Vice President: Kerry Wears, BSSW ‘85
- Dorothy Martindale, BSSW ‘13
- Brittany Woodley, MSW ‘13 BSSW ‘12
- Tamica Johnson-Thornton, MSW ‘14
- Kurt Carmen, BSSW ‘74
- Eva Shinka, MSW ‘99 BSSW ‘98
- Moira Dugan, BSSW ‘87
- Peggy Myers, MSW ‘88 BSSW ‘82
- Sean Delaney, MSW ‘14
- Michele Wilbur, MSW ‘93
- Kathy Schroeder, BSSW ‘76
Faculty Representative: Dr. Carla Curtis
Social Work Representative to OSUAA: H. Stanley Eichenauer, MSW ‘70
Dean: Thomas Gregoire, PhD in Social Work
College Alumni Relations Liaison (CARL): Tareya Jefferies, Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Affairs
OSUAA Liaison: Craig Little, Director of Alumni Societies
Interested in volunteering or serving on the Alumni Board?
Click here to complete your application! Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis.
Additional questions? Please contact Tareya Jefferies, Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Alumni Affairs
email@example.com or 614-247-6688