2022 Carla Curtis Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award
Nominations will be accepted through June 30, 2022.
The Ohio State University College of Social Work (CSW) announces a call for nominations for the 2022 Carla Curtis Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Award. The purpose of the award is to honor and celebrate members and associates of the CSW community who exemplify the ideals of transformative justice, diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Nominees must exemplify CSW’s core values of celebrating difference and promoting human rights in all forms, including social, economic, political, racial and environmental justice.
- Nominees should be actively engaged with or represent communities that address inequalities, challenge oppressive systems, reduce marginalization or champion restorative justice.
- While a nominee need not be a social worker, they must demonstrate purposeful and prolonged commitment to creating and promoting transformative change in local, national or international arenas.
- Nominees should have an affiliation/connection with CSW including, but not limited to, faculty, staff, students, alumni or members of the many communities that generously host and support the mission of the college.
- All nominations must be submitted using the online nomination form.
- Nominators are requested to write a short supporting statement of no more than 500 words on why the prospective honoree deserves this recognition. They should speak to the award criteria above as they relate to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- The award recipient will be announced at the College of Social Work Community Engagement & Action Conference in September 2022.
- For more information and submission guidelines, visit Carla Curtis DEI Award Nomination (qualtrics.com) or contact Dr. Njeri Kagotho at email@example.com.
Dr. Carla Curtis
This award is named in honor of Dr. Carla Curtis who served as the inaugural Chief Diversity Officer at the CSW. Under her visionary leadership, the diversity workgroup developed immersive learning opportunities that expand consciousness and responsibility among the CSW community. Dr. Curtis continues to demonstrate her long-standing commitment toward social and economic justice through her scholarship, teaching, leadership, advocacy, community service and service to Ohio State and the greater Columbus community.