Field Database & Field Forms
TO HELP GUIDE STUDENTS THROUGH THE FIELD PLACEMENT EXPERIENCE
FIELD EDUCATION SYLLABI
Field Manual [PDF] or iBook (open this link on a Mac running OS X 10.9 or an iPad)
SWK 4189 (BSSW) Syllabus [PDF]
SWK 6189 (MSWI) Syllabus [PDF]
SWK 7189 (MSWII/ASAP) Micro Syllabus [PDF]
SWK 7189 (MSWII/ASAP) Macro Syllabus [PDF]
The Field Database is used by students, Field Education Staff, and Field Agency personnel and provides access to all current field education practicum sites and student field forms.
Students enrolled in field education courses have the ability to search the approved placement site list using various criteria in order to help in their field placement search. All persons accessing the database must use their unique username and password. Please note, in order to access the Field Database, you will leave the College of Social Work website.
Students will be issued the following forms for each practicum experience:
- Field Practicum Questionnaire– Students need to complete this form, as it will assist the Field Education staff in facilitating a placement. It should be completed in its entirety and by the deadline.
- Learning Agreement/Evaluation– Once you and your field instructor complete this form, it will guide your field experience. It is a living document and is meant to be referred to often and “tweaked” along the way. You must complete all assigned required activities and add activities specific to the placement agency. This document serves two purposes:
- As a learning agreement, which should be thought of as the blueprint of what you’ll be doing in field. You will determine, along with your field instructor, the learning activities that you’ll add to the required ones that are already listed and write in the target dates for each of them.
- As an evaluation of your performance by the field instructor at the end of each semester you are in field. Your field instructor will complete this by adding a rating for each learning activity in the “evaluation of practice behavior” column and for each competency overall in the bottom right corner.
- Ethical Decision Making Model- Competency Two of the Learning Agreement/Evaluation requires students to use the Reamer Model or a model used at their agency.
- Supervision Log – Students complete this form each week and it is signed by the field instructor. You should have one hour of weekly supervision with your field instructor. You do not have to indicate “progress towards competencies” in all of the competencies every week, just the ones that were discussed in supervision.
- Time Sheet – This form is to be completed by the student and signed by the field instructor; accuracy is extremely important when filling this out. Put down the time you were in the field and try to fill it out each day to avoid any inaccuracies or guess work.
The following videos give step-by-step instructions to the Field Database, and a couple of the field forms.
Access the Field Database:
Use Organization ID: osusw
Students, Field Instructors and Education Coordinators login here.