UPCOMING CAREER WORKSHOPS AND EVENT
Workshops and Events
- Resume Reviews: Wednesday, March 1, 10am-4pm. Room 400 Stillman Hall. RSVP your requested appointment time.
- Women of Color Social Work Panel: Hear from women leaders of diverse backgrounds speak about obtaining their degrees and moving up the ladder in their social work careers. Tuesday, March 7, 6-8pm. Room 115 Stillman Hall. RSVP
- Mock Interviews: Thursday, March 9, 10am-4pm. Room 400 Stillman Hall. RSVP your requested appointment time.
- Youth Villages Dinner and Learn: Learn about the programs and career opportunities that Youth Villages has to offer our students and alums. Wednesday, March 22, 4-5pm. Room 115 Stillman Hall. RSVP
- College of Social Work Job Fair, Thursday, March 23, 2017, Time: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Great Hall Meeting RM, Ohio Union, 1739 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43210. Students and Alumni: No RSVP necessary. Employer Registration
- Nationwide Children’s On-Site Interviews & Information Session: Friday, March 24th, 8:30am Information Session, 9am-4pm Scheduled Interviews, 400 Stillman Hall. Monday, March 27th, 9am-4pm Scheduled Interviews. Please email Melanie Cates to attend session and schedule an interview.
- Networking at Woody’s with Alums and Students: Thursday, March 30, 4pm-7pm, Ohio Union Woody’s Tavern. RSVP
- Directions for Youth and Families Lunch and Learn: Learn about the programs and career opportunities that DFYF has to offer our students and alums. Thursday, April 13, Room 115 Stillman Hall. RSVP
Buckeye Careers Network
Finding a job that can become a career is the ultimate goal of your studies at the OSU College of Social Work, and we want to do everything we can to present and facilitate new opportunities for our social work graduates.
Resume and Cover Letter Examples
Ohio Social Work Licensure
OnPACE is a University system that provides a series of self-guided career modules that can assist you in learning more about yourself and choosing a major(s)/careers, applying to grad school, and preparing to enter the workforce.
Practice Areas in Social Work
Youth & Families
Having a great volunteer or internship experience?
Please share your stories here.
Ohio and National Employment Resources
Contact Career Services:
“The Career Services office for the College of Social Work at The Ohio State University was very attentive to every detail in the planning and execution of the Nationwide Children’s Hospital interview event. They did a stellar job publicizing the interview event. Many of the candidates interviewed were actually hired. The education and training these candidates received at The Ohio State University has prepared each of them to be an asset to our organization.”
~ Melanie Cage Cates, Sourcing Recruiter – Human Resources, Nationwide Children’s