How To Apply
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS TO THE MASTER OF SOCIAL WORK PROGRAM
Thank you for your interest in the MSW program at The Ohio State University. The following steps will guide you through the application process. If you have additional questions, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page. March 1 is the deadline for filing all application materials.
GRADUATE ADMISSIONS PROCEDURES AND CHECKLIST OF REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
- Complete the electronic OSU Graduate School Admission Application at: http://gradapply.osu.edu. Applicants must pay the non-refundable $60 application fee (or $70 for international applicants) with a credit card, debit card or electronic check.
- Following the instructions that appear on the Graduate Admissions electronic application, upload one official transcript from every college and university attended (OSU transcripts exempted).
- If your undergraduate grade-point average is below 3.0 on a 4.0 system (or below B or equivalent on a non-traditional system), provide official test scores from the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). GPA is calculated on all undergraduate college level work attempted.
- International applicants must submit the results of the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language).
- Following the instructions that appear on the Graduate Admissions electronic application, upload a Personal Statement. Please read the FAQ section for guidelines regarding what to include in your personal statement.
- Following the instructions that appear on the Graduate Admissions electronic application, upload your resume or curriculum vitae. It should be no longer than two pages and include your educational, work, and volunteer activities.
- Please submit three letters of recommendation directly to the Social Work Program Office using the College of Social Work Applicant Recommendation forms. Please do not use the References procedures listed on the Graduate Admissions electronic application. Please read the FAQ section for guidelines regarding the recommendation form.
- Advanced Standing Alternate Plan (ASAP) applicants only – Upload a copy of your Field Practicum Evaluation using the Additional Upload 1 feature on page six of the Graduate Admissions electronic application. (Or, if you have already graduated with a BSW and are employed in the social work profession, one of your three letters of recommendation can be from your field supervisor or current work supervisor.)
- If you are a current student in the OSU Graduate School, or have been previously admitted to the OSU Graduate School, please contact the MSW Program Office at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions.
The status of your application may be checked during the admission process by visiting http://gradadmissions.osu.edu/ (see Quick Links).
Application materials are confidential and only authorized personnel have access to admission files. Materials submitted for admission will not be returned to the applicant.
If you have questions about the application process, contact the MSW Program Office at email@example.com or 614-292-2972.