THERE ARE A VARIETY OF OPTIONS FOR GIVING BACK TO THE COLLEGE OF SOCIAL WORK
1. MAKE A DONATION
By supporting our faculty and students, you are helping The College of Social Work contribute significantly to the University’s Academic Plan and preparing future social workers to succeed in a culturally diverse world. We do this by training them in tested, evidence-based interventions that can be applied to a large number of groups facing the challenges presented by society and their personal situations.
For more information about development opportunities, please contact: Amy Bibler, Director of Development
College of Social Work
1947 College Road
313 Stillman Hall
Columbus, OH 43210
2. VOLUNTEER WITH THE COLLEGE OF SOCIAL WORK
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES INCLUDE:
Office of Community Engagement: The Office of Community Engagement is currently seeking social workers to provide co-instruction for BSSW and MSW students who do not have a social worker at their field placement agency.
- As a co-instructor, you would meet individually with the student for one hour every week, and depending on the student’s rank, you may meet for 2-3 semesters.
- The instruction can take place at the student’s agency, in a central location, or at OSU.
- Topics of discussion include: social work competencies and practice behaviors, placement/client issues, growth areas, areas for improvement, and goals.
- LISW applicants are preferred, but LSWs with a MSW can also apply for a co-instructor position.
- If you are interested, send your resume to Lisa Durham, Assistant Dean for Community Engagement and Director of Field Education (email@example.com).
Student Recruitment Day: The College of Social Work Program Offices are looking for alumni to participate in recruitment days, where you can share your professional experiences with potential social work students. If interested, please contact Katie Justice (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Field Agencies and Field Instruction: The College of Social Work Office of Community Engagement is always interested in recruiting new agencies and field instructors for student field placements. If interested, please contact the Office of Community Engagement at at email@example.com and visit the Field Education section for more information.