VIEW CURRENT JOB POSTINGS ON THE BUCKEYE CAREERS NETWORK
The Ohio State University, College of Social Work, Buckeye Careers Network is online resource that connects College of Social Work alumni with employers for full and part-time jobs, and career opportunities. The College of Social Work Buckeye Careers Network offers career development, support and resources for alumni. To access the College of Social Work Buckeye Careers Network, alumni must be a Stillman Elite member in the College of Social Work Alumni Society.
For more information about Alumni Society membership, please visit their website.
Whether you are looking for candidates for full-time or part-time positions, The Ohio State University, College of Social Work can meet your needs. To help you find the right candidates in the social work profession, the College of Social Work has a new network of career services and professionals to assist you. Our decentralized structure helps personalize your candidate recruitment and target social work students and alumni.
Please note that this system does not replace the College of Social Work’s Field Education Placement Database. Field placements/internships will only be tracked on the current field database.
UPCOMING CAREER WORKSHOPS AND EVENTS
2017 Workshops and Events
- Boys and Girls Club Lunch and Learn: Learn about the programs and career opportunities that BGC has to offer to our students and alums. Thursday, February 2, 12pm-1pm. Room 115 Stillman Hall. RSVP to email@example.com
- Learning Journey to The Center for Family Safety and Healing: Provides an opportunity for all social work students and pre-majors to tour an agency, discover its mission and meet social workers in that agency to get a better sense of what they do on a daily basis. Tuesday, February 21, 9am-12pm. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Army Medical Social Work Lunch and Learn: Hear from a social worker who is practicing in a military hospital. Thursday, February 23, 12-1pm. Room 115 Stillman Hall. RSVP to email@example.com
- Resume Reviews: Wednesday, March 1, 10am-4pm. Room 400 Stillman Hall. RSVP your requested appointment time to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Women of Color Social Work Panel: Hear from women leaders of diverse backgrounds speak about obtaining their degrees and moving up the ladder in their social work careers. Tuesday, March 7, 6-8pm. Room 115 Stillman Hall. RSVP to email@example.com
- Mock Interviews: Thursday, March 9, 10am-4pm. Room 400 Stillman Hall. RSVP your requested appointment time to firstname.lastname@example.org
- College of Social Work Job Fair, Thursday, March 23, 2017, Time: 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Great Hall Meeting RM, Ohio Union, 1739 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43210. Students and Alumni: No RSVP necessary. Employers: Registration available in early February.
- Networking at Woody’s with Alums and Students: Thursday, March 30, 4pm-7pm, Ohio Union Woody’s Tavern. RSVP to email@example.com
Resume and Cover Letter Examples
Ohio Social Work Licensure
National Employment Resources
Contact Career Services:
Katie Justice, MSW, LISW, Director of Career Services
Contact Alumni Affairs:
Tareya Jefferies, MPA, Assistant Director of Annual Giving and Alumni
firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-247-6688